We’ve been a bit busy for more frequent updates so here’s a round-up of some of the changes/news from the past few weeks. By the way, you can follow us on Twitter (@foodmtn) for more updates and we’re also on Instagram (@foodmountain). Feel free to add anything we missed in the comments.
- Portobello is currently not serving their regular pizzas for dinner. The only pizza on the menu is a mini personal-size gluten-free Cornmeal Crust Pie. [UPDATE: thankfully this was just temporary]. They have added an $18 artisanal cheese plate with Dr. Cow’s aged cashew, Heidi-Ho’s Cashew Chevre & Macadami Crottin, Field Roast’s Chao Cheese, and Punk Rawk Labs’ pepper-crusted Smoked Macadamia. They have added two benedicts to the brunch menu and are trying out croissants with jam.
Portobello Cornmeal Crust Pie (take-out)
- Tandem Treats has moved to SW 9th and Montgomery (PSU Park Blocks) and is open from Mon-Fri 11am-5pm.
- Back to Eden Bakery is now all gluten-free.
- Homegrown Smoker has changed their menu—no more Loafaroni, but the Trueben, Fillet O’Fu, and Philthy Nocheese Stake are now regular items. HGS2 at Mississippi Marketplace has new hours: Tue-Thu 12pm-5pm, Fri-Sat 12pm-7pm, Sun 12pm-4pm.
HGS Philthy Nocheese Stake and Sweet Potato Fries
- Kitchen Dances restaurant at Mile Post 5 closed at the end of August.
- Native Foods has switched to a Fall menu with the new items Butternut Polenta Bites, OC Raw Chopper salad, The Native Cobb salad, Bistro Steak Sandwich, Native Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Oatmeal Creme Pie, and kid’s Cheesy Quesadilla.
- Wolf and Bear’s has new Fall hours: both carts are open every day from 11am-9pm.
- Gonzo Falafel and Hummus is no longer open every day. Their hours are Wed-Sun 12pm-8pm. The D-Street Noshery cart pod will be closing at the end of October so we’ll have to see where they end up. They say they’re launching a schawarma-style sandwich this weekend, which we’re guessing will end their status as a vegetarian cart?
- Fifty Licks at Good Food Here on Belmont and the Salt & Straw cart on Division are now closed for the season.
- COMING: A new cart pod will be opening on October 26th at 304 SE 2nd behind the clubs Rotture and Branx with 2nd locations for Potato Champion, Whiffies, and Pyro Pizza.
Further off on the horizon, Petunia’s Pies & Pastries will be opening a bakery downtown at 610 SW Alder in January.
photos by Food Mountain