- Vegan fast casual restaurant Native Foods is serving a Cinco de Mayo special called The Tres Taquitos Plato: three taquitos filled with homemade seitan asada, spiced bean and potato hash; served with refried black beans, Mexican rice, salsa fresca, guacamole, and house-pickled jalapenos. $9.95.
photo from Native Foods’ Facebook page
7237 SW Bridgeport Rd, Tigard, OR 97224
May 3rd-5th, 2013, 11am-10pm
- Vegetarian cafe Proper Eats has a Soy Curl Tostada special: three crispy corn tortillas topped with black beans, soy curls, romaine, cilantro, cabbage mix, salsa, guacamole and corn relish. (thanks to vegankitten for the tip!)
8638 N Lombard Ave, Portland, OR 97203
May 5th, 2013, 9am-10pm
- Downtown gluten-free bakery Petunia’s is making some Cinco de Mayo-inspired fare: Churro Doughnuts and Mexican Chocolate Dulce de Leche cupcakes.
Petunia’s Pies & Pastries
610 SW 12th, Portland, OR 97205
May 5th, 2013, 8am-9pm
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at the Los Gorditos food truck at 50th & SE Division from noon-4pm. There will be free food (vegan options) and music.
Taqueria Los Gorditos
Food Cart: NW corner of SE 50th & SE Division, Portland, OR 97206
May 5th, 2013, 12pm-4pm
- Vegan-friendly bar White Owl Social Club is hosting chefs Han Hwang and Col Robinson (the same folks who made their Valentine’s dinner) for a “Vegan Mexican Cantina” to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. There will be vegan versions of authentic mexican cuisine and drink pairings. Starts at 7:30pm and goes until the food runs out.
White Owl Social Club
1305 SE 8th Ave, Portland, OR 97214
May 5th, 2013, 7:30pm